Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year ?

Welcome to 2009. I think. The wedding photos still aren't finished, the kitchen cubboards still aren't completely cleaned up, the Christmas cards still aren't done - although in my defense I do have until January 7th, Julian Calendar et al - and I've had not 1 but 2 colds since mid November. Its gotta get better from here.

On the bright side, I've been hunting out local free music & doing quite well. Been to 2 concerts hosted by the UVA music department and several open mic sessions at the Lydia Store. The Lydia Store bills their music as "Blue Grass", which it is if one employs a very loose definition of blue grass. As in Carter Family songs accompanied by an autoharp is bluegrass, a teenage Elvis impersonator is blue grass, Uncle Dave Macon & Charlie Poole tunes are blue grass. Now some of the music performed is truly blue grass, but only about half. Mostly its just regional musicians doing music for free because its fun. Jane's been with me twice & we had a great time. Nothing like good free music to improve ones life.

No comments:

Blog Archive