Friday, December 30, 2011

December’s Do’ins

December kinda ran by me without stopping, not that I could have stopped it anyway.  Two co-workers retired earlier this fall and more resigned for other employment, so “short staffed” took on a whole new meaning.  I had 2 days off early on & still ended up with over 37 hours of time & a half OT pay.  This was all well & good for the diminishing of debt but very poor indeed for seeing friends & getting enough sleep.  Did someone say Free Holiday Concerts?  Not this year dearie.

Presents

I was able to get together with the Urchin for a nice Birthday/Christmas celebration.  She got me the checkbook cover for my birthday & had me pick out a purse for Christmas.  I had thought to get one like hers but this small shoulder bag caught my eye.  Its got a zippered pocket with 6 credit card slots on one side, a flap closed pocket with an ID window on the other side & a center zippered compartment with places for my cell phone & merchant discount cards plus space for a multi-tool.  I love this purse!  Thank you, thank you, thank you to my Wonderful Thoughtful Urchin!

My friend Gypsy Jane & I also managed a trip together to Lynchburg  which included a birthday dinner.  We found an excellent Oriental Buffett with truly superb fried oysters & got various things done that GJ needed to do.  I also finally found a Melita coffee pot & drip cone set, the exact thing I’d spent all day searching for in C’ville, only to find it at the one coffee vendor I hadn’t visited -  Foods of All Nations. 

P.S. It has been decided to call my Chevy 2500 Express Van Dan’ll, as in Dan’ll the Van’ll do it. 

No comments:

Blog Archive