Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas to One and All

As luck would have it I’m off work for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year.  WooHoo!   I had intended to go to the St. Nicholas church for services Christmas Eve but there was freezing rain here that night.  Somehow a 32 mile drive home at 2-ish am seemed a bad idea, so I went to the local Christmas Eve Carols service just up the road and had a wonderful time. 

IMG_0333

Pippen Enjoying a Christmas Day Nap

Then I did another drive around on the way home to enjoy the Holiday Lights and fixed myself a nice fish dinner complete with ice cream for dessert. 

IMG_0893

Paws-in-Trouble Enjoying a Christmas Day Nap

NPR let me down though – in the past NPR has featured 24 hours of Holiday music on Christmas.  This year there was music Christmas Eve but mostly talk shows on Christmas Day.   ?????  So I listened to my iPod instead.  And kept track of Santa’s delivery via NORAD while reworking an 18th century apple green petticoat I was given many years ago.  Its now been over-dyed with tan, which gives it a better period color, and the side slits for pocket access have gotten real plackets installed.  (That way the pocket slit doesn’t rip out again.)  It’s a nice light weight cotton fabric, perfect for those hot Virginia days.

So OK, that’s not the most eventful Christmas I’ve ever had.  But it was quiet, restful and I enjoyed it immensely.  What more can one ask?  I pray all my friends and family had as glorious a holiday season.

No comments:

Blog Archive