Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Loose Ends

Last work break I worked on the large front bedroom & sorted through a whole lot of stuff.  This work break I loaded all the holiday paper recycling, the general recycling, the kitchen trash & anything else that belonged in the local dump & drove off to, well, dump it all there.  So a whole lot of paper & cardboard is out of the house & on its way to reincarnation as post consumer paper products. 

ALBA Door Prize

ALBA Door Prize

I also fixed the ALBA Door Prize Clock I won last August.  The hands had stopped moving.  So I took the little battery run motor off that makes the hands turn, took the back off the motor unit and snugged the little plastic gears down.  It now runs & keeps time just fine.  I put it up in the large front bedroom over the closet door.  Thanks to Paul from NNMC who made the clock.  I really really like it.

New Frig

Da New Frig

I also cleaned up various things in the kitchen & setup my new frig.  The old frig hasn’t died yet but is clearly showing its age.  The box the frig was in was one of the things that went on the dump run.  The cute little appliance to the left of the frig is a Jet Soda Stream machine.  So I’m making my own carbonated water & adding 100% juice to that for home grown soda.  Lots fewer calories than sugared soda, no caffeine & no cans or plastic bottles to recycle.  Obviously I’m not done rearranging things in the kitchen but I’m well on my way. 

FB2

New to Me Strap on French Cartridge Box

I’m not working on any history projects right now but I did trade some gear.  I swapped an off white leather cartridge box strap without a buckle for a black cartridge box strap with a buckle.  Both of us are quite happy with the trade.  My bayonet & hawk baldric is black & I wanted my kit to match.  So its militia black straps all around for me. 

I’ve also started on my taxes which I plan to finish this weekend.  I hate doing taxes & find its easier to stomach if I do them one page at a time.  Then I take a day to go over them all & check for errors before I submit them.  Since the Feds aren’t taking any returns until January 30th & they just released the 2012 instructions I needed I’m definitely on the cusp here.

Nothing exciting here, nothing new historic made, just moving forward a bit at a time.  

No comments:

Blog Archive