Monday, February 10, 2014

Catching Up

I have been catching up on my 2013 blog entries.  So now the photos are posted, the texts are posted and I’m up to date on Life in General.  Here’s a list of just what is where:

  • Fort Frederick Juried Trade Fair    Apr 30
  • May Showers Bring May Floods    May 10
  • Dog Days                                    Aug 28
  • OVPMS Strikes Again                    Sep  3
  • Front Royal Fun                            Sep  9
  • Yorktown Victory Center               Oct 10
  • OVPR Fall Rendezvous                 Oct 28
  • Witch Way is Which (more OVPR)  Oct 31
  • Banner Project                              Dec 15
  • Weird Winter  (2014)                     Jan 18

Well its been 10 days since I retired.  I’ve spent some time at Da Urchin’s Place working on her bathroom and just hanging out.  We watched the Sochi Olympics Opening Ceremony and enjoyed it thoroughly.  I also spend an afternoon with my friends Mike & Sue.  Obviously I’ve spent time bringing my blog up to date.  The laundry & dishes are done.  And a Retirement Party Open House has been planned at a friend’s place.  Not exactly a gang busters start to retirement.

I quickly discovered that after 9 years working nights as a corrections officer I needed a wind down transition.  I needed to sleep until I just woke up with no alarm clock involved.  Only once I was fully rested could I begin a shift back onto a daylight life style.  Now I’m up by 10am and staying up until 12pm.  The goal is to move my get up and go to bed times back in half hour increments until I’m getting up by 7 in the morning.  I’m basically resetting my body clock.

I’m also still unwinding from the tension inherent in my previous career.  So I’m making sure to pet & play with my cats, a guaranteed stress eliminator.  I’m also working at eating real food that I actually prepare at normative meal times.  My tummy thinks it needs to eat dinner at 9:30pm, the time it ate when I was at work.  I’m convincing it otherwise.  I’m also convincing it that 2 cups of coffee a day is enough.  The caffeine withdrawal headaches have stopped so progress is being made.  Herbal Tea and I are becoming friends again.

As I move forward through retirement the house sorting will move forward too as well as music,  hobby crafting, and similar activities.  Plus friend visiting.  To Everything There is a Season.  This season is going to be a Glorious One.

:

 

 

No comments:

Blog Archive