Monday, May 11, 2009

Back Yard Rendezvous

From time to time my friend Jane & I get together & work on our historic camping gear for Rendezvous/Living History events. So this last weekend we spent time working on her monster wedge setup plus worked on my canvas gear. Along the way I fixed my 1st Civil War wedge, cut poles and made lines for a square dining fly, made lines for my 10x16 dining fly, cleaned all my Civil War dog tent pieces, worked on an F&I French haversack, and installed the fender flares and mudflaps on my pickup.

Here's everything laid out & setup in the yard. That's Jane's lodge on the right.

I also helped Jane sort through her rendezvous gear and get the stove pipe to set up properly in the new-to-her bell back wedge. The room inside is great ! And of course we played a bit of music and cooked yummy things to eat. Sunday came way too soon !

Here's my Canyon freshly washed with the flares and mudflaps on. Isn't she pretty ?

No comments:

Blog Archive