Monday, May 25, 2009

Belle Grove Rendezvous with Shenandoah Long Rifles

Ah, it is Memorial Day Weekend & time to do the History thing.

Memorial Day weekend found Jane & I at Belle Grove Plantation with the Shenandoah Long Rifles at their spring event. Except that it was really summer because there were fire flies. The weather was most accommodating with no rain to speak of and very delightful company. This is my camp with the dining fly rig Jane & I put together during out Back Yard Rendezvous. Plenty of shade during the day and room for a song circle of an evening.

This is the trade blanket area Jane & I put out. I sold a bunch of my spare history stuff, my trade blanket was nearly empty when I left Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately, my body decided to ache like I'd been used as a tackling dummy all Friday & Saturday but I still had a very good time. Nothing like going some when as well as some where on vacation !


No comments:

Blog Archive