Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Old Virginia Primitive Riflemen Rendezvous

IMG_0386

I spent March 18 trough the morning of March 21 at the OVPR Rendezvous near Surry VA. Here’s my camp with its new 9x9x7 tent. The tent is AWESOME ! The weather was splendeferous ! Warm during the day and very cool but not too cold at night. Thursday night was the coldest but my old Federal sky blue wool pants, gray flannel shirt & navy blue wool vest kept me warm & toasty. Friday & Saturday nights I didn't need to wear my old CW clothes. I didn't even need more than my shift once I got in bed.

IMG_0392

Here's me & my baby Martin. Making music in the evenings around this or that campfire is some of the best times at rendezvous. I spent Friday & Saturday making music at various lodge fires around camp. Thursday I was at Dulcimer Dave's marque for a while for the sing, then at various other lodges just catching up on what folks have been up to since last I saw them.

IMG_0404

English colonial farm widow from the frontier in the Shenandoah Valley. I understand she has a horse, a sow, 18 chickens, a solid built 2 room house with loft and clear title to her land. Looking for a church going man with a horse or ox team and a cow.

IMG_0406

Gypsy Jane had her lodge next to mine. We cooked together all weekend and then helped each other pack up Sunday. Once we left the 'Vous, we spent the day at Jamestown Settlement for their Military Through the Ages event. I've got plenty of pictures from MTA and will post some of them later.

March 27 through April 4 is Holy Week – I’ll be at church a lot & posting again after Pascha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please teach a blogger how to make the tripod using the wooden poles.

Blog Archive