Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Madison Street Fair–Labor Day Weekend

Usually I’m at Belle Grove Plantation with the Shenandoah Long Rifles over Labor Day Weekend for one of their rendezvous, but this year the finances said that a trip to the lower Valley just wasn’t in the cards.  The Canyon decided it needed a water pump and my check book said I couldn’t do a water pump and a ‘vous, s-o-o-o, no ‘vous for me.  But that meant Gypsy Jane & I could go to the Madison Street Fair, which I usually miss ‘cause I’m off ‘vousing.   The fair is mostly a craft fair with a vintage car show, live music and various other displays related to the history of the town & county. 

$MG_0032

The local Civil War unit had their encampment set up and the Historical Society museum was open.

IMG_0576

When I was in high school I wanted an MG like this but in British Racing Green.  They’re not exactly in by price range & ya need to marry a mechanic to keep it ready to roll, but it was a nice dream.

IMG_0582

Ah yes, the ever popular Hill Billy Pickup.

IMG_0584

I really really liked these baskets.

IMG_0574

Gypsy Jane really really likes all the jewelry.

A serious thunderstorm moved through right about 2 PM but otherwise it was a fine day to wander around, get lunch from a street vendor and otherwise just enjoy the day. 

Since I wasn’t off in the Valley I got various projects done here at the house.  The project motorcycles have been moved onto the driveway so I can get at the trim on that side of the house to clean & paint it.  I’m going to need a scaffold for that project but at least the area is ready whenever I am.  

Bistro

I also got the rest of the gravel put where on the strip of dirt outside the kitchen door.  The table & chairs are Gypsy Jane’s, they make for a very nice Bistro as long as the weather holds.  I also got the yard beat back into shape – all the rain had conspired with my work schedule to produce long shaggy grass that was a real job to mow.  The back soffit and eve painting is also done. 

No comments:

Blog Archive