Tuesday, September 18, 2012

20 Years and Counting

_MG_1844

My Little Home

Twenty years ago on September the 15th I signed my name a couple of times & became a homeowner.  Many many things - good things & bad things but good things mostly - have happened since that day.   My daughter has grown up, learned to drive, found her wings & now has a home of her own in the hills of Virginia.  I’ve changed jobs twice, owned 7 cars & trucks & shared my home with a wonderful array of cats & dogs.  I had 2 white pines damage my roof & watched the 3 foot tulip popular Rita gave me grow into a grand tall tree.  Its been a good home to me & mine. 

_MG_1840

Rita’s Gift Tree Now

So I think its OK that I’m in a somewhat reflective mood today.  Typically rainy days are quite productive for me.  I put on music, do rendezvous crafts, get various little projects done, clean house, practice music & the like.  And today was monsoon rainy.  I got new strings on the guitar, set up an online account for my HD insurance, did the laundry, took the trash to the recycling center & then just plain stalled.  My get up & do got up & went. 

_MG_1845

Another View of the House

So I got up & went for a drive with my camera.  I drove past where Da Urchin trained for Cross Country & then where she practiced driving with me.  I drove past the stretch of the Conway River where it looks like Minobu-San & where I would go when she was in Japan because I felt closer to her there.  And I opened my mind to all the good memories of this home in the last 20 years.  There were too many to count, too many to remember all at once.  Deo Gratias.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive