Sunday, September 2, 2012

Vacation Days–Sunday–SLR Rendezvous

The Motorcycle Rally ran through Monday but I had planned to only stay until Sunday.  My Faithful Readers may recall that I am typically at Belle Grove in the lower Shenandoah Valley for both Memorial & Labor Day weekends.  The Rendezvous was there this year too & so were my friends so I took the scenic way home.  US Route 11 is a wonderful relaxing way to travel the Shenandoah Valley.  There was a heavy overcast when I left the Rally but the rain didn’t catch me until New Market.  Oh well, that’s why I own a rain suit.

IMG_1051

Gypsy Jane was there having left my place on Thursday morning. 

IMG_1053

So were Mark & Holly – that’s Long Beard on the left

IMG_1062

The range doesn’t open until 1 PM on Sunday out of consideration of the local church services so most folks were staying dry in camp when I got there.

IMG_1065

Some folks were drying out in camp.  Apparently it had rained quite hard over night & earlier that day.

IMG_1061

Almost every camp had a fly set in Rain-Mode

IMG_1067

Of course a little rain doesn’t stop Rendezvous – even a lot of rain doesn’t stop Rendezvous.  And socializing is the order of the day.

IMG_1068

There’s nothing quite like late morning coffee with friends & family

IMG_1049

Missy of Barkertown Traders was there all the way from western upstate New York.  It was really really good to see her.  Too bad there wasn’t time to a good song session together.

IMG_1054

Long Beard was there too – its been several years since he has attended this event & it was good to see him again too, even if only briefly.

IMG_1071

Of course some folks know what’s best on a misty rainy morning – a good nap.

After about 4 hours a window of weather opportunity opened up & the open hopefully dry road called.  So I was on the road again & headed this time for home & hearth.  There was a bit of rain until after Flint Hill & a 5 minute monsoon near Banco but other wise the ride was fine & dry. 

It is good to be home.

No comments:

Blog Archive