Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Oh Look Its Snowing What a Surprise

Flashback to 2009-2010 and Snow-Ma-Geddon.  Remember?  Three major storms that winter with 26 to 31 inches of snow per storm.  Just putting things in perspective here.

2-10Stoop

Snow-Ma-Geddon Storm Two

Well the Winter of 2013- 2014 hasn’t gotten 2 foot snow storms it certainly has gotten storm after storm after storm.

Spring1 (1)

Late Afternoon Just After Christmas

By late December there was 5 to 8 inches of snow on the ground more or less.  Some would melt.  More would fall.  At least there wasn’t much wind.

2-13 Storm (1)

Mid January

January was on again and then on again some more.  Up to a foot accumulation here at my house. 

2-13 Storm (5)

Early February

Early in February I was snowed in for 2 days.  I’ve lived here for 22 years and this is only the 5th time I’ve been snowed in.  (Snow-Ma-Geddon nailed me for 3 of those 5 times.)

2-13 Storm (2)

February 13 & 14

No four wheel tracks, no cross country ski tracks, just some cat paw prints and deer tracks.

2-13 Storm (7)

February 13th Early Afternoon

I’m still in Virginia, right?  I haven’t been transported back to Michigan, right?

2-13 Storm (6)

February 24th

Not even deer tracks here.  Pure white untracked snow.  I am very tired of snow.  I’ve lost count of exactly how many days have brought me fresh snow. 

2-25 (1)

Morning Dusting February 26th

The snow melted, the snow returned.  Bletch.  I am filling the bird feeders regularly.  The snow is generally too deep to scratch through.

2-26b

Noon February 28th

This storm dusted me with 4 inches of nice fresh snow.  I am not amused.

3-3 (2)

Mid-Morning March 3rd

Oh look, its more snow.  More cold, wet & heavy snow.

3-9 (1)

Crocus March 9th

The crocus think it is spring but then crocus are very hardy little things.

3-12 (2)

Crocus March 12th

WooHoo!  The 1st crocus bloom of the year!

3-3 (1)

Early Morning March 18th

I came home from Jamestown”s Military Through the Ages to guess what – SNOW.  What a surprise.  Not.

3-18 (8)

Titmouse & Chickadee March 18th

The bird feeders are quite popular.  I’ve been putting out a corn & sunflower mix for the squirrels.  The birds have been chasing the squirrels off until they have eaten most of the sunflower seeds.  Then they let the squirrels come & eat the corn.

3-22 (1)

Wild Crocus March 22nd

Ta Da!  The crocus are blooming big time!

3-22 (6)

Da Urchin’s Daffodils March 22nd

Da Urchin’s daffys are blooming too.  She did plant a very early variety so they are usually the first to bloom anywhere in the neighborhood.

3-22 (4)

Crocus Under the Birdfeeder March 23rd

I have peepers singing in the late afternoon and early evening too.   Iz doing a Little Happy Dance.

3-25 (3)

Early Morning Snow March 25th

AARRRGGGGHHHHH!  NO NO NO!

3-25 (1)

Birds Outside the Kitchen Door March 25th

The Bird Bistro is quite popular this morning.  There are about 3 dozen birds out there as I write this.

3-25 (5)

Not a Good Camping Day March 25th

Jane, don’t come north yet.  Its not really spring yet.  I was tired of snow by the end of December.  I am really really tired of it now.  The wonder is gone.  The sparkle in our relationship has died.  Snow, you have worn out your welcome.  Please leave.  Now.

3-25 (6) 

Today at 4PM

UPDATE: Its 4:23pm.  The weather forecast said “No measurable accumulation”.  Well there’s 5 inches of “no measurable accumulation” in the yard already and its still snowing quite steadily.  Harumpth.

No comments:

Blog Archive