Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Midwest Road Trip – Lake Odessa & Kentwood

Two & a half days of travel brought me to Kentwood for a visit with Marijo.  We talked, we laughed, we set up her new Win7 computer & retired her old WinXP one.  We cooked, we cleaned out her basement some, we went to her embroidery group, and we spent a day at the Grand Rapids Museum at its new-to-me home.   In short we had a grand & glorious time.

Church (2) St. Herman of Alaska Church

We also went to church together at her parish over in Lake Odessa.  I finally got to meet the parishioners I’ve been hearing about for years & they got to meet me. 

Church (13)

St. Herman of Alaska – Interior

There was even an impromptu picnic on Monday evening at one of the parishioners homes.  It has been a very very long time since I’ve been to a cookout next to an orchard.  It short, a good time was had by all & the time to leave arrived way too soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive