Monday, November 23, 2009

Farewell Fall - Welcome Winter

Its official. As of Friday November the 20th it is Winter. There were no crickets or other critters singing in my yard on that night, thus Winter has begun. A quiet enough beginning, perhaps it maybe that we're in for a quiet winter. That would be nice - a quiet and not too cold winter.

When I got home from work Friday morning my friend Gypsy Jane was here. She had worked nearby Thursday and we had arranged for her to visit Friday. The day was bright but very chilly and damp, the damp at least was a product of the recent heavy rains. So we spent the afternoon changing strings on various instruments. Note to Self: Self, when next you buy dulcimer strings get the kind with little brass thingies on the ends. Putting loop end dulcimer strings on is way more work than its worth. Anyway, once Jane and I had banjo, guitar, 12 string guitar, bass and dulcimer strings on their respective instruments we of course had to play said instruments. After we had a dinner break that is. A good time was had by all.

Pippen and Skiddy Help Play Music

Saturday Jane and I tackled going through more boxes of books, sorting them into keep, give to the church library and sell piles. So all the book boxes I've located to date have been sorted once. I had already finished sorting through the all my clothes, cleaned what I wasn't keeping and then took the surplus items to the local Thrift Shop. The old Nokia cell phones and their accessories have also been donated to a recycling facility. Its looking more and more like a home here and less and less like a 4 room storage facility with bath and kitchen. Jane left for places south in the early afternoon and I finished up house chores. Then I settled down for a good read with one of the recently found keeper books.

Sunday I was off to Liturgy at church. I caught up on prayer and parish news alike, picked up the jacket I had left behind and found the shelf for the refrigerator that hadn't made it into the fridge before it came home with me. It was a very good day, but sunset came all too early ! Oh well, 2 days of work and then Thanksgiving with the Urchin !! WooHoo !!

No comments:

Blog Archive