Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy 59th Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME !!!!!

Just what I wanted - a boatload of snow. In case I was feeling homesick for a real winter. Well I admit I miss ice fishing but I don't miss measuring snow in feet. Anyway, here my snug little house after the bodacious storm of yesterday.

Of course getting into my snug little house has its moments. Think I'll let the classic Virginia solar snow removal system clear the 3 feet of drifted snow from my front porch. Yes Virginia, there are steps up to the porch.

The back yard. Please note: there is only 2.5 feet of air from the bottom of the bird feeder to the snow. The feeder perches are level with my eyes.

The view from my kitchen door.


The foot path to my kitchen door.


The motorcycle rail trailer and shed wood.


It looks longer somehow - the distance from my kitchen door to my truck.

The driveway around the truck and out into the street is clear - now to clean off the truck.

Of course I don't exactly plan on going anywhere. This is Branchland Court looking towards the cul-de-sac turnaround and the neighbor's house. The neighbor with 4 wheel drive trucks. The trucks sitting in his cleared out driveway awaiting a plow to lower the snow so his 4 wheel drive truck's front bumper will clear the snow.

This is Branchland Ct. looking towards Westwood Dr. Its about 50 yards from my driveway to where the jacked up 4 wheel drive drive truck with very serious off road tires and chains got stuck around noon. The tracks are visible at the top of the photo. Branchland Ct. has several inches more snow than Westwood Dr.

Snow accumulation on my trash can. Don't think the trashman will be around today.

No comments:

Blog Archive