Friday, June 11, 2010

If It Ain’t Broke – Don’t Fix It !

So Wednesday I spent several hours positioning my 12 ft. ladder, climbing up the ladder, trimming a pine branch or two, climbing down the ladder,  repositioning the ladder, climbing back up the ladder, trimming another branch or two etc.  I’m a halfling, I don’t like heights.  So pine tree trimming is getting a rest even though I’m not quite done yet. 

Post trimming I went into C’ville to pick up some things, a sponge mop refill and sunscreen spray among them.  Sponge mop refills seem to have gone into exile.  I found butterfly mop refills, roller mop refills, super dupper kingsize mop refills, but no plain old ordinary sponge mop refills.  Screw mount, pin mount, slide bracket mount - doesn’t matter I’ve got all 3 kinds of sponge mop heads.  I finally found 2 LibMan mop refills at Harris Teeter & I bought them both.  Gee whiz world, the basic sponge mop is a good functional product.  I sure don’t want a fancy $25 mop that may or may not have refills available 6 months later. 

The sun screen was even harder to find.  I want the spray on sun screen that comes in a bottle with a Windex type spray head.  The stuff used to be available everywhere.  Now the manufacturer’s have gone to aerosol aluminum cans for their spray on products, which usually means the aerosol is used up before the sun screen.  Grrr.  I finally found 2 bottles of what I wanted at Food Lion hiding down on the bottom shelf behind the after tanning oil.  I bought both bottles.  

Thursday I kicked back a bit.  Put the stuff I got from my friends-who-are-moving-to-Florida away, did some basic house cleaning and painted my rendezvous lodge flagpole Prussian blue.  Mostly I sat in my backyard enjoying the great outdoors while I painted the flagpole.  Paws-in-Trouble came and inspected my paint job just to make sure I was doing it right.  As the afternoon slide into evening I watched the fireflies rise in the yard.  The lighting bugs that glow in a “J” pattern are now rising along with the 3 short dot pattern and 1 long stationary dash pattern.  The “J” pattern bugs are lawn, pasture and meadow critters.  They’re the most common around where I live.  The other two patterns are open woodlands critters.  They appear before the “J” bugs by about 3 weeks but are always rather modest in number. 

I’ve got 3 nights of work then a week off.  Various painting projects are about to have Round Tuits thrown at them !

No comments:

Blog Archive