Sunday, June 20, 2010

Stay-Cation Part 2 – June 18-20

Friday I relocated my box of Round-Tuits.  Started the day by cleaning and priming 3 aluminum storm windows, then put the first coat of trim paint on the front door and front eves.  That used of 6 hours of labor, 4 of it from a ladder.  Then I put 2 half gallon plastic  orange juice containers mostly full of water in the freezer and made up 2 cheese & baloney sandwiches.  The Urchin & I are to meet up in Front Royal for their 2nd Annual Celtic Festival on Saturday & I’m bringing a cooler with plenty of cold water plus lunch.  Finished up the day by burning more of the white pine and then visiting with friends.

Eric 1 

Eric Opening the Celtic Festival.

Saturday morning I finished making lunch for the day and then drove over to Front Royal for the Celtic Festival.  Had a bit of a problem finding it as there wasn’t any directional signage to the Festival site, but find it I did.  A little bit later the Urchin found it too, having had the same problem I did finding the Fest.  Even though it was uncomfortably hot, we had a great time.  The music was quite good, there was also various groups dancing, Clan booths, Celtic craft venders, various general vendors, decently priced food booths and even 2 guys with peregrine falcons giving talks on falconry.  

Linda1

Linda sang mid-afternoon.

Parade 2

There was of course the obligatory pipe band parade.

Peregrin 1

One of the Peregrine Falcons

Eric, Linda, Urchin & I all had a grand time in spite of the heat.  The Urchin & I ended our day with fresh frozen custards at a local family run shop which makes their custard using local dairy products.  Then I drove home by the shortest way which also happens to be the scenic way.  Got home in time to take a nice cooling bath before the fireflies came out. 

Sunday was tie-up-loose-project-ends day.  The front door has been given 2 more coats of paint, various things have been put back where they belong around the house, the white pine trimmings are all gone, the laundry from the week is done, some minor sewing repair jobs got done and I still had time to go visit more of my friends.  It may be hot but life is good.

No comments:

Blog Archive