Thursday, August 30, 2012

Vacation Days–Wednesday & Thursday

So after 3 months of getting 1 day off work a month or less, I finally had a whole week of VACATION.  Watch me do a Little Happy Dance complete with Whoop-de-Dos & WooHoos.  Of course this vacation started like most vacations with a whole basket load of little things to finish up before I could actually leave to do any Vacationing.  That’s just par for the course.

IMG_1072

See the nice Harley & trailer full of camping gear.  (OK, so ya can’t see the camping gear but believe me its in there.)  The Harley needed having its insurance renewed before I could leave on a multi-day motorcycle trip, so Wednesday saw me trotting off to the insurance agent to arrange for another year of insurance.  Wednesday was also the day Our Prez Obama was speechify-ing in Charlottesville.  So the insurance thing went just fine & I went across the street to get cat food.  That went fine too but when I came up to the turn onto US29 North to head home there were traffic cones, police persons and men in expensive 3 piece suits with no smiles.  It seems I had just missed my window of opportunity and I had to wait for the Prez to be driven down US29 North first.  For an hour and 45 minutes we all waited.  The Prez is apparently not known for punctuality.  Finally a bunch of BMW & Harley motorcycles, 3 stretch limos, several more Harley motorcycles and 4 Va State police cars later we were all allowed to go about our business.  Oh well, my friend Gypsy Jane was at my place & good company makes all things pleasant.

So Thursday I succeeded in getting the routine house chores & the trip packing done but failed to get the lawn mower started & thus the lawn mowed.  Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.  So I’m on the road again, heading south to Vesuvius & a motorcycle rally organized by one of my NNMC friends.  Got there before dark & in fine fettle.  It didn’t even rain on me one little bit.

IMG_0979

My Rally Camp

No comments:

Blog Archive