Thursday, March 5, 2009

Not Exactly Spring But at Least There's No Snow !



Well its not very cheery, kinda dead and gray in my woods but at least the snow is gone. Nothing much is growing yet, although the crocus are beginning to come up. Nothing wild is greening up yet. Winter can leave at any time now. I won't mind.















Here's a picture of the log bridge over the spring fed creeklet that runs through the woods behind the house. A true bridge to nowhere ! Its still too wet and muddy to walk back in the woods right now but maybe soon . . . The thrushes and wrens are singing their mating songs, so they must know things are about to improve.


So what does a re-enactor/rendezvouser do during the winter ? Make things of course. I resewed the back seam on the bargain box weskit I bought at the Eastern Primitive Rendezvous and then I made a bunch of haversacks and food/candle/firestarter bags.











No comments:

Blog Archive