Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring At Last



Kat's Little Daffys

These 1/3 size daffodils grace my front garden every spring. And spring seems to be here at last for all that is was rainy and gray all weekend. Friday evening I drove over to Middlebrook for the Music at Middlebrook Store. It was a rather pleasant group sing mostly - old timey, country gospel and a few old chestnuts. I do seem to have left my picks, capo & tuning fork behind, hopefully they were located. Fr. John was going to check today. Saturday the rain canceled my planed outdoor activities so I worked on my rainy day to-dos. Got my camp trade kettles all cleaned up, disassembled my red stripe petticoat to be remade as a pleated petticoat, sewed 2 sections of canvas webbing together for a patch banner, overdyed the rifleman's shirt from the OVPR in black tea and attached buttons to various projects. Cleaned the kitchen, bath & bedroom plus did laundry & dished for good measure. Sunday I was back in Middlebrook for Liturgy. Fr. Deacon Gabriel is now Fr. Gabriel (as in priest) and Daniel and his college student son Jeremiah are now both readers. Caught up with the news of the parish, something that's hard to do with working every other weekend. Finished up the weekend by calling Chip in California & Marijo in Michigan, then had a nice chat with Kat. All in all a nice way to start Spring.

Does anyone know what these are called ? They're just over an inch across and have bloomed every spring since Kat & I moved here. I have no idea whether they were once deliberately planted out front or are just the product of a bird brought seed.

No comments:

Blog Archive