Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mighty Mouse Tasks Makes for One Tired Puppy

OK, I've got Wednesday & Thursday off, which means I've got 7 days in a row off. WooHoo ! Time to attack house projects ! The weather being accommodating I decided it was time to clean up my driveway & get the gravel driveway extension under way. So Monday I cleaned up the back half of the driveway and then got the landscaping timber cut to size as well as laid out metal sheets from the shed-that-was-in-my-yard-when-I-moved-here where the stones would go. Tuesday I nailed the timbers together with pole barn nails and pounded in short metal stakes to hold them in place. Then I started moving the gravel from the pile in the front half of my driveway to the area between the timber and the end of the driveway. Each wheelbarrel load gets 8 shovelfuls of rock and I'm doing 6 to 9 loads of rock a day. This much Mighty Mouse work means I'm one tired puppy at night !

Anyway, here's a photo of the work as of Thursday. The area is just under half filled with stone. I'm currently putting stone under the porch & then will move on down & away from the house. Once this area is done I'm putting stone down next to the house between the driveway and the house. Uffda !

It has been raining on & off all week so I've been working inside too. The kitchen has been straightened up, all the laundry done and I cleaned out the hall dishes closet. I took all the various plastic storage containers, oddments of microwave ware and general miscellany out & then sorted & washed it all. No more lidless containers, containerless lids or strange kitchenware here any more ! That freed up one whole shelf. Said shelf now has cleaning supplies on it, which means the folding table in the kitchen is 1/3 cleared off. Progress is being made.

Meanwhile I've also engaged in hawk throwing, magazine reading, music practice and hummingbird watching plus spent a half day with the horses. I love fall ! And its barely started !

2 comments:

Gypsy Jane said...

Sounds like progress being made :)
Is this the gravel that was originally going under the shed that wasn't?

BalladSinginSue said...

Actually, I'm putting the gravel exactly where it was bought to be put. The shed (if it happens) is to go at the end of the driveway with the back of the shed even with the back of the house.

Blog Archive