Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Da New-to-Me Fridge


OK, two and a half years ago my fridge died. Smoke, sparks, it was quite exciting. Since then I have been using a dorm fridge. A big-ish dorm fridge with a separate freezer compartment but a dorm fridge. Recently my parish decided to upgrade the fridge in the parish hall kitchen. So I asked about the old fridge and it was given to me. So Sunday after liturgy two of the fellows in the parish loaded the fridge into my pickup and Monday morning Kat and I unloaded the fridge into my kitchen. Then we moved the old dead fridge onto my front porch so I can haul it to salvage after I remove the compressor. Kat and I also just had a great time hanging out, watching some The Avengers episodes, eating at the local Chinese buffet and playing with the pets here.


Fall has arrived in Ruckersville, kinda just moved in quiet like. The trees are turning and loosing their leaves, the woods behind the house are beginning to open up. Mushrooms are everywhere, at last count I had 8 kinds in my yard. There hasn't been a frost yet so the trees haven't turned en masse as yet. I've mowed the yard for the last time this year and need to trim the forsythia back for the winter. The OVPR rendezvous is coming up this month. That's my last real activity of the season. Then it'll be time to do the quiet at home projects of winter. Maybe that's part of why fall is my favorite season - it leads into the quietness of winter.

It has come to my attention that I have lived here, in this house in Ruckersville, for 17 years. That's 6 years longer than I lived in my childhood home and 3 times as long as I lived in my teenage home. Its the only place I've lived as an adult for more than 3 years. It's also the place my daughter has lived in the longest. It has been a good home for us both. Deo Gratias.

No comments:

Blog Archive