Monday, October 19, 2009

September Surprize

One of the joys of living in Mr.Jefferson's Country is that Moments in History tend to come & visit from time to time. In mid-September the Active As held a rally over at Mr. Monroe's place in Orange county. (Mr. Jefferson had such nice gentleman friends.) So for about 4 days there were Ford Model A cars from all over the eastern US all over Greene, Albemarle & Orange counties. Of course there were sensible family sedans.

And racier 2 seat coupes. Both could be has it hard or soft top varieties.

I even saw a Model A truck, unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture of the classic moonshine delivery vehicle.

The dash was the same no matter what type of Model A you owned. No iPod connector or cell phone brackets in sight. (I did see several clever ways of mounting both.)

And of course some owners came prepared for boon docking it.

Quite a few of these folks were campers & about 2 dozen or so stayed at Pleasant Hills here in Greene County. Unfortunately I had the work the day they were all on display at Montpelier, but I got to see about 40 Model As while I was at my local music store. The weather was excellent while they were here, which is a good thing because these aren't all that rain proof.

No comments:

Blog Archive