Monday, February 8, 2010

Enough of Snow

Friday I headed out for work 2 hours early with gear to hunker down at work.  And hunker I did, slept there Saturday and Sunday.  Got home Monday to plowed roads to my driveway but no driveway.

Driveway735AM

So I got up around 1:30PM and started digging.  By 4:30 PM I had a driveway – and very sore back and shoulders.

Driveway410PM

Another hour and I’d gotten groceries from my much depleted local Food Lion, filled the truck with gas and headed home to cook dinner and get ready for the next go round.

Driveway500PM

I’ve gotten the laundry and dishes done, cleaned house and slept like the dead.   Had to reset all my electric clocks so I’d lost power at some point but the house was warm and had plenty of hot water when I got home so all was well.  The cats were all asleep like a litter of kittens in the bedroom and the 2 dogs were snoozing on their bed in the kitchen.   And I am most definitely  no longer nostalgic for a Michigan winter.

No comments:

Blog Archive