Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WingNut

These are recent pictures of WingNut and his friends.

WingNut&AliKat (2)

WingNut and AliKat 2-up in the basket.

WingNut really really liked the basket Jane gave the cats here for Christmas.

WingNut&AliKat

Here's another one of Wingut and AliKat – They Duet in Purr-Fit Harmony

WingNut&Pippin1

WingNut and Pippen the Kitten – WingNut the Mentor Cat

WingNut&Pippin2

WingNut and Pippen at Play

WingNut&Pippen3

WingNut & Pippen Inspecting the Kitchen Cubboard

WingNutonBed

WingNut inspecting my reorganized bedroom

WingNut developed diabetes and went into shock yesterday. The vet and I decided to have him euthanized. He was almost 13 years old. I had known him since he was a kitten at the rental house up the street from me. Ten years ago on a cold January when the rental house was vacant I brought him home. He was everybody’s friend here at the house, and very good at grooming the other cats. He was also good at nibbling on my fingers and sleeping on my back. And sitting on the edge of the tub and playing with the bath water. And helping me do just about anything in the house as long as it involved some ear rubs. The ultimate Platonic essence of cat with a chainsaw purr and a terminal case of snuggles. RIP dear friend, you were greatly loved and greatly missed.

WingNut1

WingNut helping me make the bed on Monday.

1 comment:

Gypsy Jane said...

I'm gonna miss that cat. Sending you hugs.

Blog Archive