Tuesday, February 2, 2010

!@#$%^&* No Water !

I got up Sunday morning to no water at the house. After replacing the 60 watt bulb in the crawl space, snugging up the heat tape cord into its power outlet, and generally checking everything over under the house I came to the conclusion that the water pipe was frozen before the water shutoff valve under the house where the feed line comes up and attaches to the house piping. The ground in my crawl space is frozen, something I’ve never known it to do in the 17 years and 4 months I’ve lived in this house. So I closed the water shutoff valve so if there’s damage to any of the pipes I can find it out by reopening the valve and watching for any leaks. So every couple of hours I checked for water flow, got frustrated when there wasn’t any and generally had an unhappy Sunday & Monday before I left for work. Happily the water was again flowing when I turned it on Tuesday morning when I got home from work and there is no sign of any damage to the pipes. The ground around the water pipe is also no longer frozen. And yes, I’m going to make sure the crawl space door stays closed and the 60 watt bulb stays lit.

N.B. - Pictures from Urchin & Wicket's visit in January are up - check out Jan 22 post.

1 comment:

Gypsy Jane said...

If it makes you feel any better, I won't have running water until spring.

Blog Archive