Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Its Time for a Breather !

I had the week off from April 28th until May 5th.  Being one who likes to make hay while the sun shines I put my stay-cation to good use.  The downed limbs from the winter in the side yard have been cleaned up with the little trashy parts gone, a wheelbarrow load and a half cut up and the rest limbed and ready to be cut up later.  The gutter from the front of the house is down and any loose nails in the eve and soffit have been fixed.  The lawn mower has been repaired and my yard ax sharpened (thank you very much Lewis).  The yard has been mowed !  And it only took 5.5 hours !  I was one tired puppy after that I’m here to tell you.  Both Louise and Irish have been seriously brushed, although their winter hair isn’t totally brushed out as yet.  The poles for my canvas dinning fly and big wedge tent have been fixed, new pins inserted as needed and fully painted.  The 1812 wooden militia canteen has been painted Prussian blue and the 8 point star laid out.  The flag pole for my lodge has gotten both its ends glued into place.  In my spare time I got the usual house chores of dishes, laundry, et al done.  And I still had time for a campfire or two out back and some woods walks.  Uufda !

No comments:

Blog Archive