Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spring is for Allergies

So I intended to get seriously into painting my eves this weekend, but nature had other ideas.  I got the front eve cleaned and primed on Friday afternoon, (the back eve is already primed) but then Nature intervened.  Saturday was way too windy to be up on a ladder painting, I want the paint on the house and not on me !  So I went for a hike in the Ivy Creek Natural Area, my first one this year.  I painted the first coat of red on the 1812 canteen star and did the work on the dinning fly.  Now my dinning fly has short webbing loops with a steel ring at each corner and at the middle of both 10 ft. sides.   Had a grand time sewing on the fly out in the back yard under the trees.  I even had Paws-in-Trouble and Chipmunk providing Cat Union labor during the project, although mostly they seem to take union mandated breaks.  Sunday I woke up with a nose that wouldn’t stop running and a really nasty sinus headache.  It took until 1PM to get the headache under control.  Of course the rest of the day I was in that slightly dizzy time warp place allergy meds take you.  Trimmed up some more wood but stopped when it hit me I probably wasn’t in the best shape for using a sharp ax.  Painted a second coat of red on the 1812 canteen – painting straight lines while on allergy meds and a lot of coffee is a definite challenge.  Took a nap as per Cat Union rules.   So went the weekend.

N.B.  The blog is now current, new entries start with March 14th.

No comments:

Blog Archive