Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Projects Projects Projects

Well I got the truck’s oil changed and tires rotated, the library books returned and bought the thinner for the paint I’m using on the 1812 militia canteen.  Two more boxes of stuff have been sorted through, although why my Urchin packed up 19 empty 20 oz. spring water bottles is beyond me.  I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. 

Backyard

The lawn has been mowed a second time and is looking good.

Path to Creek

The grass clipping from the front yard have been put on the woods path in the back yard and the path cleared of green growing things.

Bridge

The last of the downed cedar tree has been added to the bridge over the creek.

Trailer Park

All of the trailers are now in the side yard.  The yard, aka Trailer Park, still has some brush to be trimmed out. 

The forsythia has been trimmed up too, all but the parts I need the ladder to trim.  It started to rain so finishing up the trimming and cleaning up the trimmings will have to wait.

Here’s the 1812 Virginia militia canteen.  Its not finished yet.  I need to put another layer of red paint on the back, even out some places on the star, paint the metal bands black, put the number “2” in black on the star and put the strap back on.

Canteen Front Canteen Back

But its coming along nicely.  Once its done I’ll get a strap for my 1808 cartridge box and make the proper haversack for these accouterments. 

When I was a child the last thing in the world I ever wanted to do was to stay at home and care for a house.  Now I think that staying at home and working on the house, yard and hobbies sounds like a wonderful idea.  Plus spending more time with my friends.

No comments:

Blog Archive