Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More Little Projects

Life is not all Mighty Mouse Projects and routine house cleaning tasks. Nerd smile  Here’s a few of the little projects I’ve done of late.

Lantern2

This lantern was bought from a Blanket Trader at OVPR in March.  Its been cleaned, the 2 loose cross bars epoxied back in place & re=painted in flat black. 

Lantern3

I bought 3 of these 6 inch high lanterns from Crazy Crow Trader through the mail.  One arrived sans its candle insert.  Crazy Crow is sending me another lantern but didn’t want the defective one back.  So I made an insert for the defective lantern.

Lantern4

The OEM insert is on the left.  My insert made of a plumbing pipe wall guard, 2 flat washers & some wire is on the right.  I’ve got a screw top jar lid to hold the candle for the home made insert, I’ll glue it in place once I’ve emptied the jar.  The tea lights I use come with little aluminum cups so the insert is usable as it stands.    It will be nice to have half a dozen lanterns for my lodge – one small brass lantern was fine for a 7x7x5 tent with no fly but a 9x9x7 tent with a 8x16 fly needs more light after dark.  Otherwise the camp becomes a series of booby traps awaiting the unwary.

IMG_0349

OK, this isn’t exactly a project.  Smile with tongue out It’s the Chatham Hall Memorial Azalia in full bloom in the back yard.

No comments:

Blog Archive