Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy Happy Turkey-Bird Day

Its over the river & through the woods

To Da Urchin’s house I go

The mule knows the day to carry me away

Through the hills I love & know

Its over the river & through the woods

My heart is light & gay

Though my body is tired my mind is wired

It going to be a great T-bird Day.

One of the not so great things about my current job is its 365 day 24-7 nature.  Its been years since Da Urchin and I have been able to do a T-bird Day together.  Either I’m working or she’s else ware – else ware like college, or Japan, or some other out of state location.  So this year was a special treat – her 1st Thanksgiving in her own home & I was off work & able to share it with her.  WooHoo!

IMG_0253

Behold the richly laden table!  With roast duck as the entrée with fresh baked bread, cranberry relish, wild rice, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy.  There was even some kind of fancy sauce for the duck.  (OK, so we forgot to cook the veggies.)  It was a spread to be sure and Da Urchin, JR & I was all stuffed by the time we finished eating. 

I had arrived Wednesday after getting up at 11am for an ophthalmologist appointment & then driving to Da Urchin’s place.  Once there I napped until Da Urchin was home from work whereupon a light dinner was had by all.  I was still kinda tired but some fresh coffee set everything right.  Da Urchin, ever thoughtful, had gotten me some Hazelnut Coffee which was wonderful. 

Thursday was spent playing with the cats, cooking food and of course feasting on the feast.  The duck was particularly good.  I headed home early in the evening as I was scheduled to work Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights.  I do need to sleep at home the night before I go into work so I can go in well rested.

Friday night was rough – I had woken up with a post nasal drip and things didn’t improve as the night went on.  Saturday I got up at 3pm with a fever of 102, a body that felt like it had been used as a tackling dummy, and a smashing headache.  It had happened – I was sick.  Sick for the 1st time since June of 2005.  Sunday I was no better, not that better was expected.  I finally dragged myself to the doctor to find I had bronchitis and bronchiolar pneumonia.  Wonderbar.  Antibiotics here I come.  Plus plenty of fluids and long soaks in very hot bathwater.

In retrospect, I hadn’t been at full capacity since the OVPR.  I tired easily, chilled easily and had needed more sleep than usual all month.  Well I’m on the mend but behind on my holiday preparations and present making.  Such is Life with its ups and downs.

No comments:

Blog Archive