Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mighty Mouse Chores

Storm2

Winter Storm Damage

My Faithful Readers will remember this photo.  The 2 Ugly Wet & Heavy Snow dumbed by 2 storms at the house brought down a bunch of white pine branches & limbs, plus a piece of the maple tree. 

WP1

White Pine Trimmed Up & Ready to be Cut Up

Well I’ve gotten all the white pine & maple trimmed up & ready to be cut up on the new sawbuck I made.  The pile is about twice the size I originally thought it would be.

WP2

WP3

Branch & Limb Trimmings

These are 2 of the 3 piles of trimmings that will get burned on a windless evening in the near future.  (The 3rd pile is in the side yard & quite small.)  Oh the joys of home ownership.

Meanwhile, from the World is Weird:  I didn’t get my water bill earlier this month, so I went to the water company office to find out how much I owed & to pay my bill.  It seems no one in all of Ruckersville got their water bill this month.  They were delivered to Charlottesville’s main PO right along with the bills for the other 4 postal districts serviced by RSA, but Ruckersville’s bills have been each & everyone lost by the USPS.  And why is RSA (which is located in Ruckersville) forced to take its monthly bills to Charlottesville, which then sends them to a Richmond area distribution center, which sends them back to Ruckersville, so Ruckersville can deliver them in Ruckersville?  RSA has to do this because the USPS regional director has decided the Ruckersville PO is too small to handle the RSA outgoing mail.  The same director who keeps telling the 4 post offices in Greene County that they don’t have enough incoming mail to justify 4 locations.  Go figure.  It doesn’t add up to me.

No comments:

Blog Archive