Friday, July 25, 2008

Banks Are Weird

OK, so I have my mortgage and vehicle loans from the same bank. It doesn't happen to be the either the bank or the credit union where I have checking and/or savings accounts. I wanted to get online access to the loan accounts so I could check on when payments had posted and then set things up so I could make my loan payments online. So I went to the bank's web site to set this all up only the web site didn't recognize my account numbers. So I called their 800 number and got things setup that way. Except their web site has a broken link in the sign up process so that wouldn't work either. So I stopped at a bank branch while I was doing other errands to get online banking setup. Only because I had already started the process via the 800 customer service line they couldn't set me up unless there was a change in my customer accounts. But since I have 2 loans from them I can get a free checking account. So now I have another checking account so I can get online access for my loans. All of which seems like the long way around the barn door to me. Oh well, I can I can use this account for setting aside funds for rendezvous etc. Meanwhile I still don't have online access set up, I need to wait for the check card to arrive and then call the 800 number that comes with the card. I will get a $50 gift certificate by doing it this way so I guess there is a silver lining to the cloud. Meanwhile there are ads all over the bank's web site and branch office encouraging their customers to sign up and use online banking. Go figure.

No comments:

Blog Archive