Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lazy Hazy Summer





June, July & August - The Lazy Hazy Days of Summer




Here's some pictures of some visitors to my yard.






I always expect summer to drag on for ever, a mindset developed in my childhood by the school schedule. Of course, it was only those childhood summers of unstructured time with lawn mowing my only responsibility during which summer unfolded with luxurious slowness. Now it seems to slip by all too fast. It has been 16 years since Kat & I spent today riding the Harley across the California desert and through an earthquake to Needles CA. Ten years ago Kat was touring Italy & Greece with her fellow Latin students and I was filling out financial aid forms for Chatham Hall. Eight years ago we were packing for Kat's freshman orientation at Wells College. Four years ago I was unemployed and Kat was frantically trying to get everything ready to move to Japan. Last year I was working a killer of an OT schedule at work, had 2 major events at church in June, a motorcycle rally in August and the Eastern Primitive Rendezvous in September. I only had a life at an event. Humm - my summer suddenly seems a quiet and lazy time.

1 comment:

Gypsy Jane said...

Lets hear it for a lazy summer. Enough good events so it doesn't just slide by without noticing, not so many we have to go to work just to rest!

Blog Archive