Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to the USA


I got off work the morning of the 4th and took the county roads over to US 29 at Brandy Station. Seems there is a Brandy Station Battlefield area tour, I just hit 2 stops along the tour by accident. Humm - I see a pleasant motorcycle ride with camera in my near future. Anyway, I headed on over to D&D's place in Vienna for some sleep and a 4th party. Kat was already there when I arrived. After I got about 3.5 hours of shut-eye Kat & I washed her car, my truck and D&D's SUV. We just washed everything, it was starting to rain lightly so we didn't wax anything. D&D's SUV must be in shock, they said they had never washed it. It wasn't raining much so we went ahead and grilled burgers, dogs and BBQ chicken, steamed corn and tossed up a salad. It was a wonderful meal and the company was even better. It did start to rain harder about 8pm so we decided to skip Vienna's laser show along with any of the local fireworks displays. We did watch the TV broadcast of the DC Mall fireworks. (The photo above is from Vienna's fireworks a few years ago.) It was a most enjoyable evening.

The rest of my holiday weekend was a wash - mandatory OT Saturday night prevents me from going to church for Vespers & Liturgy. But the 4th was a fine day, so I'll rejoice and be glad for it.

No comments:

Blog Archive